Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Expedition Everest







My poor wife. On more than one occasion we have gone to Disney World and she has had to suffer through me not being able to get the nerve to go on a thrill ride. I am not a big fan of roller coasters and was never on one growing up. O.K. I 'm scared of them. The first time we went to Disney World I would not go on Space Mountain. Too scared. The next time we went, I managed to go on it, but only after 5 days of preparation. The sad part is, I loved it so much, we went on it again right after we got off it. The look on my wife's face was priceless as was her middle finger.
The next time we went, Expedition Everest was still in the building stages. I couldn't get a feel for what it was going to look like yet. We went a year later and it was all finished. I promised my wife that I would go on it the first day we were in the Animal Kingdom. We rode it and fell in love with the ride. Everything was amazing. The details in the line (the "pre show") itself were worth whatever wait we would have. Luckily, since we went during one of the slower times, our wait was only 15 minutes.
I am sure that as roller coasters go, this one is pretty tame. But it really is a great ride. It has a few good drops and the typical amazing details and storyline you find on rides at Disney World.
Later that week we went back to the Animal Kingdom and rode it 4 times in a row. Altogether it took only about 45 minutes to wait in line and take the ride the 4 times. Each time I loved looking at all the details and the atmosphere created.
Next time we go I might try the Rock N Roller Coaster, if I feel brave enough.

No comments: