Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Real (Fake) Housewives Of Atlanta

Well if the title of this show is accurate, this means almost all housewives in Atlanta are fake. This show is why reality TV was created. You can watch and no matter how bad things may be in your life, you can think to yourself "at least I'm not that shallow or deluded" or that there really are people that have less to offer than yourself.
I can honestly say the only reason I have seen any of this show is because my Wife will watch it when there is absolutely nothing on. She also finds that she feels better about her life after watching these "real Housewives". There must be something on QVC that is more interesting.
I may be wrong, but I think real housewives actually do things. Granted it takes a lot to try on clothes, compliment yourself, tell your chef to make you something, compliment yourself, tell everyone how great a singer you are, compliment yourself, go out to lunch, compliment yourself, compliment yourself for picking such a good restaurant, volunteer at a homeless shelter and then compliment yourself. Well none of them actually have volunteered at a homeless shelter. I just wanted to make them seem like they actually do something productive.
Truly the only person I have to blame for my frustration is myself. Walk away I say. But then a moment will come on that does put a smile on my face.
My favorite moment had to on last nights episode when Kim goes head on into her "singing" career. First off, I give her credit for even attempting to sing at her age. Madonna's 50 , but she has been performing for over 25 years. My guess is that Kim is in her mid to late 40's, but is hoping to burst on the scene as a new singing sensation. They'll love her on MTV. Maybe she can tour with Hannah Montana or Rhianna.
The few episode highlights I've seen, show Kim letting us and everyone that will listen know how talented she is and what a great voice she has. Some of her friends even tell her she has a great voice. I question how good a friend they can be to blatantly lie to her, but hey, who wants to be the one to hurt a friend. Kim quickly realises she doesn't need the help of a vocal coach to be a good singer. All she needs is to sing along in a whisper to the CD in her car and light up another cigarette and drink more wine. In her favor, she did sport a really cool white top hat for her recording session. And she would not start singing until her hair looked good. I think this alone shows us how good of a singer she is.
Well, when Kim is finally recorded and hears what we hear, she of course thinks that something must be wrong with the equipment. I'm not sure if she actually said that, but she obviously thought it. I actually think while listening to the playback she was thinking "God I sound good".
Listen , I sound great in the car by myself. And who knows, if I had nothing to do with my time and lots of money, I might try to live out a fantasy of being a rock star.
Well, here's to Kim finding people to work with her that will tell her what she wants to hear. That is is super talented, she's got a great voice and she should cut a CD.
Until then, I hope those Real Housewives take some time to do something for themselves. God knows they've earned it.

No comments: