Monday, December 29, 2008

The View

This is going to be short. I have many times criticized The View to my poor wife. I constantly argue with her that I believe men and women are really not that different. The only real differences are physical, obviously, and maybe the way each sex goes about the way they communicate, handle a situation, or get from point A to B. But I do believe that there are many things women do that make more sense than the way a man goes about it and vice versa. It's like religion and acting styles. If it gets you there,good. One way is not better than another.
The View is a perfect example of this. There is no way that anyone can ever say that a woman discusses topics in a more intelligent, civil manner than a man. I saw 10 minutes this morning and could not believe what they will argue over. The brilliant Joy Behar had to insult Elizabeth Hasselback over the fact that she brined a turkey. Thank God she only argues important issues. I haven't heard such a riveting discussion since the First grade. I know they don't agree politically, hell, I don't agree politically with Elizabeth Hasselback, but is it necessary to try to start an argument over brining a turkey? I guess Joy was just being edgy. She's so daring.
Poor Barbara Walters sits there with that look of "you know I am a legitimate reporter who can have an actual intelligent discussion. Why am I here?" on her face. Well, someone has to lend credibility to the show.
You know, I've discovered it's possible to disagree with people politically and still get a long with them. Every Saturday I see Pro-War and Anti-War protesters near where I live. It's helped me to discover something. There's idiots on both side of the road. I doubt the protest is really of any importance to either group. They are there to insult each other and the people driving by who they don't agree with. If your lucky, you can even hear them cursing very loudly across the street and to people passing by. Good thing "we're" fighting for freedom in other countries. Who wouldn't want other countries to be like ours. We have this great freedom of speech and all they can come up with is profane insults. It's embarrassing and probably a good example why some countries don't want our help. But I will talk more about that on another post.
Bottom line is, watch The View. It proves that we are all pretty much the same: Willing to argue for the sake of arguing.

No comments: