Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Gaslight Anthem-Wellmont Theatre 12/11/2009


I was lucky enough to see The Gaslight Anthem the other night. They are a great band out of New Brunswick New Jersey that consists of Brian Fallon on guitar and lead vocals, Alex Levine on bass and vocals, Benny Horowitz on Drums and Alex Rosamilia on Lead guitar and vocals. This was the first time I was able to see them, however I was fortunate enough to see Brian Fallon at last years Hope Show Benefit at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank.
The band played a strong 85 minute set which included all but one song from their latest CD The '59 Sound and great cover of Tom Petty's Refugee.
The concert also brought back something I haven't heard in a while; drunks yelling "Bruce" at the worst possible moments for absolutely no reason. I'm glad to see that time honored Jersey tradition being carried on so well for a new generation.
Here's the setlist:

Old White Lincoln
Wooderson
Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
High Lonesome
We Came To Dance
Film Noir
I'da Called You Woody, Joe
Great Expectations
Miles Davis & The Cool
Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
Meet Me By The River's Edge
Here's Looking At You Kid
The '59 Sound

Casanova, Baby!
1930
Bring It On
The Navesink Banks
Refugee
Say I Won't(Recognize)
We're Getting a Divorce, You Keep the Diner
The Backseat

No comments: