Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2010 Academy Award Nominations

Next Tuesday nominees are announced for this years Academy Awards. The ceremony will be on Sunday March 7, 2010.
This, for some reason, is one of my favorite times of the year.
This year, there will be 10 movies nominated for Best Picture, as opposed to the usual 5. Here are the movies I think will be nominated.

1-Avatar
2-The Blind Side
3-Crazy Heart
4-An Education
5-500 Days of Summer
6-The Hurt Locker
7-Inglourious Basterds
8-The Last Station
9-Precious
10-Up In the Air

Here are the dark horse possibilities.

District 9
A Serious Man
A Single Man
Star Trek

Most of these are givens, but a couple are long shots. I'm sure I will change my mind about 20 times before next Tuesday when the nominations are announced.

No comments: