Friday, January 17, 2014

Light of Day Wonder Jam- Wonder Bar Asbury Park 1/16/2014

   The Light of Day festival kicked off this week in Asbury Park New Jersey. I have included a couple very blurry pictures I took last night at the Wonder Bar in Asbury Park New Jersey.
    The Light of Day festival, mentioned in detail in earlier posts, aids in the funding or Parkinson's research.
    I was able to catch Poppa John, Quincy Mumford & the Reason Why and Lisa Bouchelle who were part of the Wonder Jam show.
    Poppa John and Lisa Bouchelle performed on the acoustic stage to the side of the main stage. Poppa John's set included a version of the Beatles Here Comes the Sun, while Lisa Bouchelles included a cover of Dolly Parton's Jolene and a new song which I believe was called Life.
    Quincy Mumford and the Reason Why's set included No Excuse, A Hard Place, Baby Don't Go/D'yer Maker and  Under the Covers.

   Steal Your Face from Pennsylvania opened the show, but I only was able to catch their last song, a cover of the Grateful Dead's Shakedown Street.
    I hope the festival is a huge success, all for a good cause.

No comments: